We're pleased to offer the following services in our California City Veterinary Clinic:
Updated for COVID-19
COVID-19 Letter and Protocol
The staff at Cal City Pet Clinic and Hospital understand the frustrations that come along with the COVID-19 Pandemic. However we are committed to all of your pets needs and continue to operate earnestly during this difficult time.
For us to continue care for your pets and keep operation of our clinic as safe as possible; we have opted to adjust operation Procedures to accommodate protection for you and your family as well as our staff. The following changes have been made to ensure we continue to operate in accordance to the CDC (center of Disease Control) and the American Veterinary Medical Association Guidelines.
We Here at Cal City Pet Clinic understand that the dramatic changes put in place can add additional time to your visits. As well may diminish your experience during the appointment as a pet owner. However we ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this crucial time to insure the safety of all our families.
1. All services offered will be by appointment only, this includes vaccinations.
2. No clients will be allowed to enter the clinic facility. Upon arrival in the parking lot for your scheduled appointment we ask that you call the clinic and a receptionist will check you in over the Phone. Please if your unable to get through; as our lines may be full, please continue to try. We will get a brief history and primary reason for your visit.
3. Once checked in for your scheduled appointment, one of our technicians will come out to your vehicle to collect your pet to bring in for examination by the Doctor. We ask while this process takes place please wear a face covering and follow appropriate social distancing. Once the pet has been examined; the doctor will call you (the owner) and go over any finding and/or Recommendations for treatment.
4. After speaking with the Doctor one of our Technicians will then go over the estimate for treatment. We will then handle financial transactions over the phone to further minimize contact. Treatment will then be preformed.
5. Once your pet receives treatment and is ready for discharge, we will text/call the owner to arrange pick up and release. Pet will be returned to the vehicle by a Technician along with any medications and your printed receipt/invoice.
* If you or any of your household member are showing signs of illness, we kindly request to reschedule any non essential appointments. In case of emergency we ask to make arrangements with someone who is not ill to bring the animal in for the appointment. We ask that a mask/face covering be worn and to practice a social distance of 6ft. when in contact with staff.
We understand the COVID-19 protocol can cause some inconveniences and appreciate your continued patience and understanding. The Staff here at Cal City Pet Clinic give our heartfelt thanks for your cooperation during this ongoing pandemic.
Sincerely, The staff at Cal City Pet Clinic and Hospital
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. We are open for scheduled appointments from:
- Monday and Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday Closed
- Saturday: 9am - 2pm
- House Calls Mondays thru Saturday
Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency. Note: There is a Emergency Deposit to be taken upon arrival.
Emergency & Urgent Care
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such a snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at Cal City Pet Clinic, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
- Small Farm Animals*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
Cal City Pet Clinic operates an open hospital. This means that our team welcomes owners visiting their hospitalized pets, when ever feasible we strongly believe it facilitates the healing process.
Cal City Pet Clinic accepts payment via cash, Care Credit, Scratch Pay, and most Debit Credit cards. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgical, medical and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
Cal City Pet Clinic offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.